Rice Candy

An unassuming blog about whatever catches my fancy. Reviews: books, movies, manga, anime, restaurants, art, countries, opera, ballet.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

About the Blog

A couple years ago, I actually did have a blog, but it kind of sputtered and died, because it was a group blog, and people changed the password, and forgot, and other stuff. Anyway, I am starting another, mostly just to see how things work out.
About the name: My grandmother was born in the Philippines, and lived in Hawaii, which was where my mom was born. So, I basically grew up exposed to Japanese food. You may think that this makes no sense, but the Hawaiian people are mostly Filipino, while the food is mostly Japanese, with some purely Hawaiian stuff thrown in. Since a young age, I've known how to make sushi, fried rice, onigiri (rice balls), and some Korean foods, like kimchi. For as long as I can remember, I have adored one thing above all: rice candy. It comes in little boxes of six with a tattoo, and can cost anywhere between fifty cents, and a dollar twenty. When you take of the plastic wrap, there is a thin sheet of clear rice paper wrapped around a delicious orange-y colored center. I love that stuff.
Basically, this will be a blog about whatever the heck I want. If I want to vent about the school system, I will; if I want to talk about the dangers of dripping on tile floors (someone, namely me, could slip), I will. But, probably, this blog will be reviews: movies, books, anime, manga, restaurants, theme parks... You name it, I'll review it. Read if you want. I'd be glad if you did, but if not, whatever. Life will go on.
~Lahela~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home